Date(s) - 01/17/2018 - 01/18/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Legend Villas
Job Analysis: Crafting a Competency-Based Job Description
This course orients the participants on how to perform job analysis, with the end in view of crafting a competency-based job description. It follows a workshop style where participants will be conducting job interviews and eventually, writing the corresponding competency-based job descriptions.
- Appreciate the importance of job analysis
- Apply the basic principles of job analysis and job description
- Prepare comprehensive job analysis interviews
- Write competency-based job descriptions based on thorough job analysis
Conducting Job Analysis:
- Overview of Job Analysis
- Uses of Job Analysis
- Scope of Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Methods
- Guidelines for Doing Job Analysis
- Conducting Job Analysis Interviews
- Writing Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Contents of Job Descriptions
- Knowing the Core, Technical and Leadership Competencies
- The Language and format of Job Descriptions
Dr. Maria Vida G. Caparas is a Wiley-Certified Everything DISC Trainer and a licensed Psychologist. She graduated Summa Cum Laude in her Ph.D. Psychology at UST. She also obtained a Diploma in Public Management from UP Diliman as a government scholar.
Dr. Caparas is an Accredited Trainer of the Philippine Government with extensive and invaluable services in both government and corporate offices. She served as Vice President of HR in New San Jose Builders, Inc. In GMA Network, Inc., she wrote for Kapuso Magazine as Managing Editor. She also became the Dean of the Graduate School at the Manila Central University.
Currently, aside from serving as a Consultant for Profiles Asia Pacific, Inc., she teaches part-time in UST and De La Salle University. She has authored four books in Psychology and Human Resource Management. Already a fulfilled academician and HR and OD practitioner, she has received a number of awards and recognition.