Date(s) - 02/20/2018 - 02/21/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Legend Villas
ENHANCING LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES OF SUPERVISORS
This workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you will encounter in your first few weeks as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager, or a unit coordinator. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement. Enhance your leadership competencies now!
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for giving employees clear instructions.
- Identify techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers.
- Making the transition
- Responsibilities of a supervisor
- Setting goals
- Planning for success
- Listening skills
- Asking questions
- Giving feedback
- Ask for what you want
- Giving instructions
- Orders, requests, and suggestions
- Managing conflict
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Dealing with others
- The reciprocal quality of relationships
Dr. Maria Vida G. Caparas is a Wiley-Certified Everything DISC Trainer and a licensed Psychologist. She graduated Summa Cum Laude in her Ph.D. Psychology at UST. She also obtained a Diploma in Public Management from UP Diliman as a government scholar.
Dr. Caparas is an Accredited Trainer of the Philippine Government with extensive and invaluable services in both government and corporate offices. She served as Vice President of HR in New San Jose Builders, Inc. In GMA Network, Inc., she wrote for Kapuso Magazine as Managing Editor. She also became the Dean of the Graduate School at the Manila Central University.
Currently, aside from serving as a Consultant for Profiles Asia Pacific, Inc., she teaches part-time at UST and De La Salle University. She has authored four books in Psychology and Human Resource Management. Already a fulfilled academician and HR and OD practitioner, she has received a number of awards and recognition.