Date(s) - 09/29/2017
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Golden Prince Hotel and Suites
EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT LEADERSHIP (CEBU)
Leaders in business looking to improve their organization’s performance can do so by improving their emotional intelligence: that is, their skill at identifying, understanding and influencing emotion, and applying it in their leadership techniques.
There is a direct link between the way people feel and the way they perform at work. This is one of the most robust and consistent findings in organizational research. In high performing organizations people feel significantly more engaged, cared for, valued, proud, and motivated than those in low performing organizations. Conversely, in low performing organizations, people feel significantly more fearful, stressed, disempowered and uncertain.
Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating performance. Research has proven that a leader’s emotional intelligence is key to their capacity to facilitate emotions in others that drive high performance and employee engagement. This is more than just a moral compass; it’s also a recipe for success. Organizations with emotionally intelligent leaders achieve a critical lever of sustainable competitive advantage: a high-performance culture and customer loyalty. (Lifted from GENOS INTERNATIONAL)
This half day program will focus on the three main components in our Emotional Intelligence competency framework in the following dimensions:
- Self-Awareness = is about being aware of the way you feel and the impact your feelings can have on decisions, behavior, and performance.
- Self-Management = is about managing one’s own mood and emotions, time and behavior, and continuously improving oneself. This skill helps people be resilient and manage high work demands and stress rather than being temperamental at work.
- Inspiring Performance = is a skill in helping people create a productive environment for others. Positive Influence equips you with the capacity to encourage colleagues to cooperate and work effectively together. People who can positively influence others’ moods, feelings and emotions are empowering to work with and easily motivate those around them.
This half day program is 30 % lecture and 70% discussion, workshops, videos, and structured learning experiences.
- Be equipped with a firm grasp of knowing oneself better and gaining clarity in how one’s emotions affect behavior, attitude, and performance
- In this disruptive world, self-management is the key to gaining more resilience in times of stress and pressure while being more flexible and adaptable to changes.
- As a leader, inspiring others and moving them to positive action is an essential. As such, gurus of leadership today sees Emotional Intelligence and Execution as the two main components of effective leadership.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Supervisors, Managers, Team Leaders
- In a leadership role
- Aspiring to become a leader from “good” to “great”
Ruby Mañalac is at present working for PROFILES ASIA PACIFIC/PEOPLE DYNAMICS, INC. as Director for the development of a distributor network for GENOS, a new Emotional Intelligence assessment introduced last November. Previously she occupied the position of Director for Operations and Marketing.
She has been with Profiles on and off since 1999. She has worked with various other organizations mostly in the field of Sales, Marketing, Communications and Training holding positions with Arc Docendi (Marketing Communications Strategist), Globaltronics (Corporate Marketing and Sales Director), Manila Standard (Circulation Manager) and Manila Bulletin (Assistant Display Ads Manager/Writer/Section Editor).
Further, she has also held positions in the USA in the field of Sales, Marketing and Business and People Development such as Group Manager, Sales and Business Development Supreme Health Systems; Business Development with Exquisite Home Products both in (New York) and (New Jersey, USA).
For both companies, she was multi awarded in the field of sales and people development and was awarded as the TOP ROOKIE Presidents Award in NY and NJ. She believes in working strategically with alliances and being open to new learnings. She also greatly adheres to the importance of the human factor in any given situation.
She is a graduate of AB Major in Communication Arts in UST, a Certificate holder in Human Resources Planning and Acquisition in the University of Makati under PMAP and recently acquired the GENOS Emotional Intelligence Certification as an EI practitioner. She has also received numerous trainings both here and abroad, specifically, she has been with two training events with Profiles International in Texas as well as a Visionary training event in Memphis under Supreme Health Systems.