Date(s) - 02/08/2018 - 02/09/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Legend Villas
COACHING AND MENTORING
Coach, Mentor, Role Model, Supporter, Guide… do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being able to draw from several disciplines. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Mentorship is a related skill that is often a part of coaching. It’s about being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed.
Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization.
- Understand how coaching can be used to develop your team
- Develop the coaching and mentoring skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
- Mentoring and Coaching as Workplace Learning Approaches
- An Overview of Coaching and Mentoring
- Differences Between Coaching & Mentoring
- Mentoring and Coaching Concepts
- What is Coaching?
- Purpose of Coaching
- Benefits of Coaching
- Characteristics of Effective Coaching
- Principles of Coaching
- What is Mentoring all about?
- Why is Mentoring Needed?
- Benefits of Mentoring for the mentee and the Mentor
- Functions of A Mentor
- Mentor in the Corporate World
- Competencies of a Successful Mentor
- Principles of Mentoring
- Mentoring and Coaching Conversations
- Coaching Conversations
- Techniques for Providing Daily, Informal Feedback
- Mentoring Conversations
- Coaching and Mentoring Relationships
- Relationship to Learner
- Relationship to Learner’s Manager
- Qualities Needed in a Coaching and Mentoring Relationship
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Coaching and Mentoring Competencies
- Coaching Skills
- Coaching Competencies
- Communication Skills for Coaching
- Components of Non-Verbal Communication
- Coaching and mentoring self-assessment
- SWOT form to identify coaching strengths and areas for improvement
- Coaching and Mentoring Strategies and Action Plans
- The GROW Model
- GROW Model Questions
- What is Effective Questioning?
- Action Plan
Dr. Maria Vida G. Caparas is a Wiley-Certified Everything DISC Trainer and a licensed Psychologist. She graduated Summa Cum Laude in her Ph.D. Psychology at UST. She also obtained a Diploma in Public Management from UP Diliman as a government scholar.
Dr. Caparas is an Accredited Trainer of the Philippine Government with extensive and invaluable services in both government and corporate offices. She served as Vice President of HR in New San Jose Builders, Inc. In GMA Network, Inc., she wrote for Kapuso Magazine as Managing Editor. She also became the Dean of the Graduate School at the Manila Central University.
Currently, aside from serving as a Consultant for Profiles Asia Pacific, Inc., she teaches part-time in UST and De La Salle University. She has authored four books in Psychology and Human Resource Management. Already a fulfilled academician and HR and OD practitioner, she has received a number of awards and recognition.